International Documentary Association

Re: International Documentary Association

There was a user here who I think joined to use their fiscal sponsorship program. I think he defected to Sony HDV, though. If I needed sponsorship I'd probably do it through them. The magazine is worthwhile but the university in my city has it. This seems like the kind of org for filmmakers who make a substantial living from making docs on one level of production or the other because some of the more substantial benefits seem to be discounts on rentals, postprod and stuff. I haven't been able to learn what goes on in the members-only area.

Moe
 
Re: International Documentary Association

Yeah, thats what I was wondering. If the members only section has a forum or a place to network with oher Documentary Filmmakers. I guess there's only one way to find out. $85 per year isn't too bad. I think that members might be able to screen thier Docs and get feedback from other members.
 
Re: International Documentary Association

This is as much as I could find. I don't think there is more but keep us posted if you find something more ...

"If you are already an IDA member log in below to...


Search IDA's membership database for information on other members including: contact info, bios, services offered
Post questions on the IDA Bulletin Board
Update your member info
Renew your membership:
 
Re: International Documentary Association

I've been a member since the summer and I'd say it's just OK. Like Moe said earlier, you get a good break on rentals and being able to use their status for grants and stuff is cool but there doesn't seem to be much of a community element when it comes to networking. Especially if you're not really established yet. In all, I would say the 85 bucks for the year is worth it. The magazine is pretty cool and again, you can't beat that non-profit status they can hook you up with.
 
Re: International Documentary Association

Sounds good, thanks. I'm most likely going to join. Like you said $85 isn't too bad.
 
Back
Top