Info on FCP5 at NAB

SOUNDTRACK PRO!

MulitiCam Switching!! holy crap. This is a must upgrade for me.
Now all I need is some good monitors and a soundcard. I watched
all the Video Tours and these are features that everyone's been
talking about and they are real!!

yay! Apple. :thumbsup:
 
ian lucero said:
SOUNDTRACK PRO!

MulitiCam Switching!! holy crap. This is a must upgrade for me.
Now all I need is some good monitors and a soundcard. I watched
all the Video Tours and these are features that everyone's been
talking about and they are real!!

yay! Apple. :thumbsup:


HELL YA! I watched all the vids too,sound track pro is going to be sooo nice. :laugh:
 
Oh my dear god!!! What is the ship date??? That multicam edit feature alone will make my job so much easier!!!!
 
Sorry for the dopey question but is one dual core processor equivalent to two single cores?
 
When will production suite be available for purchase? Apple Store says "ships in four to six weeks."
 
Apple is having trouble setting up manufacturing of the hardware with IBM. So, hardware will be delayed a bit. But once it's here, it'll rock. Just remember that Apple has always done everything first, MS and Intel always followed Apple's lead. Desktop SCSI, GUI, plug and play, handwriting recognition, voice recognition, USB, Firewire, etc, etc, etc...
 
letsburnbridges said:
if you pre-order it will be at your house on the 29th, at least thats what i read i think

:evil: letburnbridges - why's your signature so freakin Gihugick!?! Not only is it a SOny HD cam but it takes up more space than your text entries and it shows up everytime you post. Shrink that stuff we don't need more sony ads on this DVX site. :evil:
 
BenB said:
Apple is having trouble setting up manufacturing of the hardware with IBM. So, hardware will be delayed a bit. But once it's here, it'll rock. Just remember that Apple has always done everything first, MS and Intel always followed Apple's lead. Desktop SCSI, GUI, plug and play, handwriting recognition, voice recognition, USB, Firewire, etc, etc, etc...

The next G5 update will probably come within two weeks and is a pretty disappointing upgrade. There will be a dual 2.0, dual 2.3, and dual 2.7GHz. The base videocard has been upgrading to a Radeon 9600, I think. Check out Think Secret.com, they have the full specs up there. After 10 months of the same PowerMac models, that is one heck of a poor upgrade.

Both AMD and Intel will have dual core processors out within a couple of months. It'll be Paris at LEAST before Apple gets them out.
 
Actually, I'm pretty sure that the 29th is when Tiger is shipping. If you pre order now, it will be at your house on the 29th, the day its supposed to be in the stores. They are saying 4-6 weeks for Production Sweet!
 
So the question is... I'm going to be ordering my first Mac soon. Looks like I decided right on time. New FCP is out and the new macs are coming out. I wasn't planning on getting the super top of the line, but when that moves up, the middle lines tend to drop in price.

So, I should probably just wait two weeks, get one with Tiger installed already (instead of having to upgrade it) and likely save a bit of cash or get a slightly better machine for the same price.
 
Back
Top