I'm trying to find this photographer...

Victor Nhat Nguyen

Well-known member
So I'm trying to find this photographer. He has a whole crew with him and he like to build a set and light it like a movie. Totally forgot his name. If anyone know that would be great.
 
Knew it as soon as I read it. He's the photographer that builds set! I love that you write a bit of a story in your head when you see each of his shots!
Its like film Haiku
 
Wow, I'm glad I stumbled across this! These are some of the most incredibly haunting, bleak yet beautiful photos.

I'll be watching the doc on Netflix ASAP!
 
An amazing photographer! And a defining influence on me personally - I discovered Crewsdon's work at university and, perhaps more than any other artist, his work inspired me... to get out of photography.

I saw his work and knew instantly that they were the sorts of images I wanted to create, mysterious, evocative and never less than interesting - and at the same time, knew instantly that I'd never get the chance to create those sorts of images photographically (the budgets were just way too big), it's largely what pushed me over the edge and into cinematography!
 
They pulled the Crewdson doc? Nuts. I watched it a few times. It's one of those that you could see over and over. He's just an inspiring guy. It shows just how painstaking and deliberate he is to get that single frame.
 
Back
Top