Ibl :(

surf

Veteran
when I change the IBL's image position and rotation, it does not change in the rendering in maya, with mental ray. why happens that?
 
Scale doesn't matter since the sphere is just generating directional light rays from a theoretical infinite position. The sphere is little more than a gizmo to show rotation. I don't even think your objects need to be inside the sphere to be lit by it. This is different however from using a normal sphere like an IBL object using a radiance map, which can be scaled and moved if that's what you need to do.
 
well I just wanted to mirror the image on the IBL sphere, so I have add a minus to the scale, but it didn't work on the rendered image. (but only on the rendered image). so finally I grabbed the lighting image, and mirrored it in a photo program. I think in this case, it had to be in the middle of the IBL sphere. here is the final render.

szappan2av.jpg
 
Back
Top