I like it.

thekreative

Veteran
At first I freaked out, but its been a few days now and I'm really liking it. I do get paid to edit (does that make me a pro? who knows). My editing is fairly simple. The big things that most people are upset about I don't use. I remember lots of programs over the years becoming obsolete. I hope it gets a lot better. I still have FCP 7, but I really like having to try something new out.

I really want better control of the simple effects it has right now, and all my plugins to work in the future, but I'd pay to get their upgrades.

My 2 bits.
 
You don't seem to understand. The FCP X forum is here to start new threads that ***** at Apple for abandoning pro users and list all the things they should've done different. We need several more, because that point hasn't already been beaten to death. :-D - Tim
 
I like it too. Like I said elsewhere, the fact it's not FCP8 is a different issue to whether FCPX is good or not. And the fact it resembles iMovie does not mean squat. I'm sure much of the reactions are justified but I think for some people FCPX is amazing. I mean seriously. I bought my first apple laptop in 5 years recently and got the top 15" with a SSD drive and now with FCPX I'm in editing heaven.
 
I like it too. Like I said elsewhere, the fact it's not FCP8 is a different issue to whether FCPX is good or not.

First - I like it too, for my workflow.

Second - Just for the sake of accuracy/understanding, I do want to point out that it is NOT a different issue that it's "not FCP8." Actually, it *is* FCP8, since FCP7 will have no successor and FCP7 and the suite was completely wiped/discontinued, and there are no import options, etc. It's really just a matter of Apple's semantics.


Anyway, I don't use any of the features that were cut and so I have found FCP X to be pretty great for me. But lots of people invested thousands in over-priced Apple hardware and have tons of projects tied into an EOL editing suite that is no longer supported, and Apple never gave warning or communication about this. Ouch :/
 
+1 like

I started using video for location scouting, documentation and making of's of my photographic work. I could never really bond with Premiere, too much, too many features. I ended up most of the time using iMovie for these tasks. And it seems my clients liked the additional content so far. Thanks to the similar look and features the switch to FCPX was a no brainer. I'm thrilled about its performance and features.
 
FCPX is perfect for my needs, I would not call myself a Pro but I do make my living shooting and editing video. I am a one man band so I am really excited to get these tools at this price point. That being said I can honestly say
I feel very sorry for the Pro's who NEED the missing features! I fully understand why they feel left out in the cold. If I had a production house I would be steaming as well. I truly hope that Apple gives the tools needed for high
end production. I will enjoy FCPX but to the big editors out there you have my sympathy.
 
Back
Top