I can fade to black what about white?

RobbieD

Active member
Sorry if this is a stupid question but I have mastered the fade to black transition ;) I just can't for the life of me figure out how to fade or do a transition of total white.

I have seen this in movies and has a very cool effect to it.

Please I am editing something today and have no clue. Thank you.
 
Re: I can fade to black what about white?

Just go to your project window and right click/new title/color matte and choose white. thats it.
 
Re: I can fade to black what about white?

Thanks!! Just one more question. How would I do a fade white? What I mean is the video getting whiter and whiter until fully white

Thanks again for the tip to bring in white background.
 
Re: I can fade to black what about white?

Yeah I just figured that out. Thanks so much for your help.
 
I think there's a more effective looking way to create the washout effect then dissolving to a white matte.
Drop the "Levels" effect onto your clip. It's located in the Video Effects/Adjust folder.
Keep everything set to normal and set a keyframe where you want the washout to start. Then go to where you want the washout to go completely white and set another keyframe. Then adjust the "RGB White Input levels" to 0 which will give you a full white blowout.

This looks more like an over-exposure than the dissolve to white matte.

Look HERE

Username: DVXuser
Password: DVXuser
 
Sirius Dog, yes, that is a much better way. I didn't want to make it to complex for him so I gave him the most simpliest techque. :)
 
Back
Top