HVX bootcamp / DVX bootcamp

Jarred Land

President/Founder
Staff member
bootbigbanner.gif

July 29th for HVX bootcamp, July 30th for DVX bootcamp.

To Register for HVX bootcamp click here ($289)

To Register for DVX bootcamp click here ($189)


Bootcamps are full day events from 9am to 6pm. We provide lunch and snacks.

HVX bootcampers recieve a free copy of Barry greens HVX book.

All bootcampers (HVX bootcamp and DVX bootcamp) recieve a custom limited bootcamp Tshirt.

Both are at Abel Cinetech in Burbank. We suggest the Hilton burbank airport for you guys out of town.

Here is the location:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=801+south+main+st+burbank+ca+91506



We are including an entire (optional) audio segment to the LA bootcamps this time via Juniper Audio.

Find more details here:

DVX bootcamp thread

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=62542

HVX bootcamp thread

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/forumdisplay.php?f=89
 
Last edited:
i thought the hvx bootcamp was a 2 day event.

is this just the abbreviated version?

what topics are covered?
 
The Hawaii Bootcamp was going to be the first 2-day event. All of the Bootcamps have been only one day.
 
http://hdbootcamp.com/ talks about a 2-day class for the HD Bootcamp... so is that not the case?

Paraphrasing here, but:
Day 1 Camera, Scene files, P2 preproduction
Day 2 Lighting, P2 production stuff, postproduction with P2.

If that's not what's happening, I could alter my travel plans a bit. I'd also be a little bit disappointed since I signed up based on that description.

So what will we be missing out of that?

Don't get me wrong, I'll still go and be VERY happy! I'll just have to adjust my expectations.
 
Is this boot-camp a one time deal or will there be others? I just bought my camera and I a little strapped for cash. But if I have to fly out to LA I'll make it happen. Also is this the same material that's covered in Barry's book?
 
This is our 4th bootcamp, we do go around, at least for now. But we wont be coming to oakland anytime soon... maybe next year?
 
When will you have another Bootcamp in L.A.? I'm trying to decide wheater to spend on bootcamp & plane ticket $500. Or, should I spend that money on a Redrock M2. will there be anything different covered in the class that will not be in Barry's book?
 
Last edited:
yeah we have Evin teach a pretty extensive lighting tutorial, we have Juniper Post ( Xmen, spiderman, all of James Cameron's stuff) teach audio, We have post production etc... plus you get the book of course as a reference.
 
Last edited:
DVX Bootcamp up north?

DVX Bootcamp up north?

Hi. Any chance of doing a DVX Bootcamp near San Francisco any time in the near future?

Ruby
 
dvx bootcamp question

dvx bootcamp question

What does the "optional" mean?

From Jarred's thread opening post: "We are including an entire (optional) audio segment to the LA bootcamps this time via Juniper Audio. "

Does this mean time in addition to the 9 to 6 schedule on July 30th?
 
I'll have to cross my fingers and hope to see one in Seattle soon, I work at The Roosevelt Hotel (@ the heart of downtown, & right next to the Convention Center and can get you guys a really good price on one of our conference rooms and for people who will be flying in I could also guarantee discounted rates on rooms. If want to look at the hotel go online http://roosevelthotel.com/
Fernando,
Seattle, WA
 
sorry the optional means Juniper is opening up thier facility (sound stages and mixing rooms) and are offering a great little lesson on audio. This may run later than 6pm, we are still trying to work it into the schedule. We will though be having the normal audio section in the class during the day though as we..
 
I was wondering if this is open to people under 18, i'm 16, i have a camera, and also should we bring other stuff like tripods, mics, monitors, laptops?
 
Yes you can attend, and no you don't need to bring any of that stuff unless you just want to show off your gear. At the first L.A. one lots of guys brought tons of stuff and everyone got a chance to see some stuff firsthand that they hadn't seen before, which was cool but it also put quite a burden on the guys who brought the stuff! So bring it if you want, but only if you want to show it off; you won't need it during the bootcamp.
 
Back
Top