How to get full quality news footage

DerrickTempleton

Well-known member
I'm looking for some news footage for a documentary I'm working on. Does anyone know how to go about getting in touch with CNN, BBC, and ITN (Independent Television Network - Sri Lanka) and getting full quality footage from them? Do they charge a lot for this?

:dankk2:
 
My guess it that if they sell it, it is handled by an outside company that sells it off. I recently interned at a CBS affiliate and they're very tight about their footage.
 
Here are some links to Stock Footage resources:

CNN
[SIZE=-1]1-800-CNN-NEWS
http://www.cnnimagesource.com/CNIS/index.html

[/SIZE]
ABC

[SIZE=-1]http://www.abcnewsvsource.com/


[/SIZE]Budget Films
http://budgetfilms.com/


Getty Images
http://creative.gettyimages.com


WPA Archives
http://www.wpafilmlibrary.com/


BBC
http://www.bbcmotiongallery.com/Customer/index.aspx
I read somewhere that there were restrictions to people from North America using their footage. I'm not sure if that's right but I would suggest you look that up if you're American.
 
Try to find smaller stations in the area. If there is a local affliate, deal directly with them.

Good Luck
 
Back
Top