how to get footage from premere to fcp

mirror

Member
I have footage from my videographer he uses premere and I use Final cut. I see all the footage in the drive and it has been formatted to my mac but all of it is greyed out. What can i do to get all my footage. This is driving me crazy. Please help. I tried going through I movie but i am getting the same result i cant import my footage. I am using final cut pro 5. and my mac is 10.5.2
 
Exactly- whatever type of footage it is will be the determining factor and how/if it will be transferable over to FCP without a big fuss.

Noah
 
They say .m2t and .xmp

The .xmp files is the metadata info for your video.

The .m2t files are the actual video files.

Unfortunately Final Cut won't work with .m2t files. You will need to transcode them to something else that Final Cut likes.

Off the top of my head I'm not sure of what program will work best for that. I'd do a google search for ".m2t conversion." I've had to work with those files before as the DP we hired captured his footage to a firestore, but had it set for .m2t instead of .mov. Luckily I had access to Premiere so I did the conversion in there. For future reference, you should mention to your videographer ahead of time what format you will need.
 
give mpeg streamclip a try and see if you can convert it to apple intermediate. i don't think fcp 5 supports pro res.
 
MPEG Streamclip and please do yourself a favor on your next forum question- be very descriptive with your issue. One phrase responses like:

They say .m2t and .xmp

Gives us only the bare minimum information to try and help. If you tell us more details, such as the size/resolution and the camera used, pretty much anything you can do to help you'll get your problem solved a lot quicker and in a way that helps others who will come to read your thread at a later date.

Try to describe the issue keeping the following in mind:
A- we're not cops interrogating you.
B- we're not in the same room with you staring at your computer screen.

Then everyone will get something out of the discussion- FWIW.

Noah
 
Back
Top