How to create new CLIPS from a Sequence given to me by PluralEyes? Has to be a way.

msp1518

Member
I have been having a hellish time with my current project. Long story short, after a huge struggle with sound syncing PluralEyes was finally giving me Exported VIDEO files with my audio synced and added to my video (no video re-encoding) but for whatever reason it no longer works. Now Premiere refuses to read any new Exports. :Drogar-Mad(DBG):

Okay but it will read the XML files PluralEyes can give me. But look, I have nearly 40+ clips to sync and don't want 40+ sequences. I have no idea how to work that way! How the heck do I deal with a sequence for each take of ONE scene? That's insane.

I have always worked with clips. Say Scene 01, takes 1-10, all in a BIN. I can stick these in the source monitor, take what I like and put into a SINGLE sequence. THAT is how I work. I don't know any other way.

So HOW can I take these sequences PluralEyes gives me and then create a CLIP out of it? Or part of it? I want to put all the takes for each scene BINS. A Bin for all of Scene 01's takes, etc. etc.

I have spent hours (days now) trying to find out how.

I have Adobe CC 2015 and am working on a PC.

I really need help here. :embarasse
 
You can Merge Clips with a right-click menu after you've selected audio and video in the sequence. Then you can make sub-clips from that.
 
Doesn't work that way

Doesn't work that way

You can Merge Clips with a right-click menu after you've selected audio and video in the sequence. Then you can make sub-clips from that.
Yes that is how it is supposed to work. But it doesn't. The merged clip that is created has no video. It is ONLY the audio.

Or the clip is there... Audio and video. And I can place it in my Source Monitor. But... I cannot then put it into a sequence because it gives me EMPTY video and audio.

Or... I get a full 13 channels of audio! But 2-12 are empty. My external 4 channel audio is gone and all I have is a single audio track.

I am in hell here. I wish to G-d that I could continue to use PluralEyes to export MEDIA files (my video combined with the external audio), but Premiere will no longer read them. It has an unknown error.

NOTE: My audio should be 4 channels. 4 mono channels. Please look at this screen grab to see what I am seeing.

WTH is going on.jpg
 
That's odd. Have you updated your PluralEyes to the latest version (I have to ask)?
If that's not it--and I know you probably don't want to hear this--uninstalling/reinstalling both CC2015 and PluralEyes may be your next step in troubleshooting. Or just calling Adobe or Red Giant support but since it's a third-party application, they may tell you the same thing.
 
Red Giant is talking to me, but I am in China so there is a delay in getting responses and in my receiving their responses.

I'm on the latest Adobe CC. Latest PluralEyes. I already tried removing and then re-installing Premiere.
 
Old School New Skool: Create a bin, import video and audio clips - shift select video clip and corresonding audio clip to sync, right click> MERGE -
Merge options>AUDIO
No plural eyes needed
Note: Audio frame and sample rate MUST match and you can select to discard the audio from the original video (pretty cool)
 
Old School New Skool: Create a bin, import video and audio clips - shift select video clip and corresonding audio clip to sync, right click> MERGE -
Merge options>AUDIO
No plural eyes needed
Note: Audio frame and sample rate MUST match and you can select to discard the audio from the original video (pretty cool)
First thing I tried, but unfortunately it simply cannot do the trick. Even if it matches the audio correctly (only it rarely does) once that clip is merged and placed into a bin, when you go back to it the audio has drifted. I have repeatedly contacted Adobe about this but after a month have received ZERO responses.

The Merge Clip feature is an epic failure for me so far. It DOES NOT WORK RIGHT.
 
Is it possible that:
Your dual system audio is 44khz or .mp3 - use Media encoder and re-encode to 48khz .wav
Your dual system audio is 29.97 and your camera original is 23:98 - use Wave Agent (free) to change timecode to 23.98
 
I wish it were that simple of a problem. i have double and triple checked that. Everything is the same.

One solution has been to abandon the 2k footage and go to the 1080p video from the camera card. I don't like this, but I need to move on. IF I merge clips and remove the in-camera audio the external tracks only lose sync by maybe 1/4 of a frame or less. That is acceptable enough to live with for now.
 
My workflow has always been to merge video & dual system audio at bin level: you state in your 1st post - I can stick these in the source monitor, take what I like and put into a SINGLE sequence
Screen Shot 2015-11-26 at 7.48.38 AM.jpg
Note: Regarding your initial PE workflow - change the PrCC2015 audio import settings to Mono
Screen Shot 2015-11-26 at 7.50.27 AM.png
I just finished a short form job in PrCC2015, all worked fine.
 
Back
Top