Randall_Oelerich
Veteran
EDIT: SOLVED.
-----------------
Ever looked at your PDF screenplay on a tablet? I have figured out that a PDF generated by Final Draft (I have the latest ver 8; did this using FD8 built in Courier Final Draft 12 font) looks mangled and funked, readable but horribly messed up character spacing and font, when viewed on either an android tablet or an ipad. Looks fine on a PC, just not on tablets. In contrast, I have figured out that a PDF generated by Movie Magic or Trelby looks fine on a tablet (not as good as when viewed on a PC, but far more viewable than a FD generated PDF seen on a tablet). Curious if others have tried this? I suspect many writers using FD are emailing and uploading PDFs of their screenplays, which could get passed on if initially viewed by agents/prodcos as they use their tablet pc to attempt to read such a spec; not good.
-----------------
Ever looked at your PDF screenplay on a tablet? I have figured out that a PDF generated by Final Draft (I have the latest ver 8; did this using FD8 built in Courier Final Draft 12 font) looks mangled and funked, readable but horribly messed up character spacing and font, when viewed on either an android tablet or an ipad. Looks fine on a PC, just not on tablets. In contrast, I have figured out that a PDF generated by Movie Magic or Trelby looks fine on a tablet (not as good as when viewed on a PC, but far more viewable than a FD generated PDF seen on a tablet). Curious if others have tried this? I suspect many writers using FD are emailing and uploading PDFs of their screenplays, which could get passed on if initially viewed by agents/prodcos as they use their tablet pc to attempt to read such a spec; not good.
Last edited:

