How do I freeze frame...

BUCK

Well-known member
I know stupid question, but I can't for the life of me remember how to freeze frame, I use adobe premier Pro. I want to do this cool effect with the music on my next piece and using the freeze frame would be sic!!!  Can some one give me a quick run through???
THanks in Advance.
L8R
Buck
 
Re: How do I freeze frame...

find the frame you want to freeze.

Hit Ctrl + Shift + M
this will make a grab of your frame

get your razor blade and make the cut where your cursor is at.

Move the clip and insert the frame you just extracted.

Then just dragg the cut clip and wolla.

Hope this is what your looking for.
 
Re: How do I freeze frame...

Another way.
Razor cut the clip in timeline at the point of the freeze frame. Select 2nd part of the razored clip. Right click and use frame hold option.
I think it says - Hold 1st Frame , Hold last frame , Hold current frame.

Your selection will hold for the duration of the clip - drag it as long or as short as you need.


NB: Best way to precisely position the CTI for the Razor cut (CTRL K) is from the source or program window. The timeline it self is not such a precise method to use the Razor Tool.
 
Re: How do I freeze frame...

sometimes i export a still of the frame, and import it into the project and slap it on the timeline and then i can adjust the still duration as needed. this makes it really easy to have a tweaked photo shop frame that im holding on or whatever.

..just another way to do it htough as a suggestion anyway.
 
Back
Top