How do I Batch capture with HDV?

John Conway

New member
I have a Canon HV20 and Vegas 7.0e I understand that I should be choosing HDV for the capture format, but the time code in and out functions are greyed out. So, how do I set up multiple clips to batch capture?

Sorry if this is a noob question. I am used to premeire pro.

John
 
Hi,

When your HDV cam is recognized, clicked the capture button and you will have an option saying automatic capture. Scene auto detect or something like that. Then it auto detects each scene and catures that with a numerical seq being added to the file names.
 
Yes, I understand that. But, what I want to do is "batch capture" where I plug in the times and then let the program automatically capture the clips I want. I don't want to capture the entire tape.

Any other thoughts...

John
 
Yes it has some time slots. Ive not done that so far. Last time i brought the Z1 home. Just hit auto capture and it detected scenes on its own. Im pretty sure u can forward and rewind and locate some portions of video setting in and out marker times and then finally hit capture. I can tell you the next time they bring the camera over since i dont have the cam with me. We only rent one. Ill also see if i can open up the panel and see at least if the buttons are there. Or try that and see if you see start and end time code slots. If your very much in a hurry im assuming the easiest way out (if your looking only for small segments) is to capture them manually. Thats the easiest. Only what your capturing will have to play in realtime. So why dont you browse to the location. Then hit capture. Keep watching and stop capture. But you can still continue previewing till you come to the next point. And repeat the capturing from thereon. Ive done this and breezed thru a 60 min tape in about 15 mins. But will still try to look into what your telling me. This is just an alternate workaround if your in a fix.
 
Back
Top