How come some Russian Filmmaker with 30 million dollars...

I agree with those who thought NIGHTWATCH was bad. However, that trailer looked pretty badass and if I can find DAYWATCH I'm renting it.

Hopefully those characters who can morph into animals will actually do something cool in Daywatch.
 
True, but 250 million in Australia (where Superman was shot) is not the same as 250 million in US.

I'm not sure if these numbers are adjusted into US dollars or not. And even in the expansive space that is the internet, it's hard to find that information.
 
Daywatch was better than Nightwatch...and I liked Nightwatch alot.

Where the hell is Duskwatch? I thought that was happening a long time ago.
 
haha, that hotel at the very end of the trailer is just a few metro stops away from my place...woot! :cool: Ok sorry, ill be quiet now...
 
People keep forgetting that CGI has come a long way in twenty years, the boundaries is always been pushed further, software and hardware is always creeping down. Then there is sheer skill, which is always maturing like fine wine.

The effects was very good, but nothing I've not seen in other similar type films, the car shot looked a bit clumsy (but, average joe probably does't care!, or even notice).

Anyways yes its all very good indeed, but if the story is lacking then no amount of VFX will sell it..
 
Last edited:
rook said:
jesus was super man super lame.

-rook
I enjoyed Superman's effects as well as Night and DayWatch's trailers. Superman sucked because of the story. Baby Superman? Don't have me rip into that. (Every REAL Superman fan knows what would happen to Lois if she had Supe's kid on earth versus a planet with a red sun). And is Lex Luthor the only villain Superman can fight. What about Bizzaro, Mixitlplix (sp), and all of the rest. Spacey's Luthor was on point though.

I wish they would stop trying to add story to characters who already have great stories if only the writers weren't so lazy and would look into the character's history. I wish Rami and his team would do Superman. He seems to care about the genre. Superman isn't Singer's fault though, it's the writing. I thought it was well directed.

-Nate
 
Back
Top