How can you edit audio in FCP X?

Coming from FCP 7 and Soundtrack Pro, can anyone tell me how you edit audio in FCP X???

The audio clips remain way too small to see waveforms in the timeline, or am I missing something???

Thanks in advance,
 
Also does fcpx support the user interface of audio plugins as if they were used in soundtrack pro or protools etc?
 
Coming from FCP 7 and Soundtrack Pro, can anyone tell me how you edit audio in FCP X???

The audio clips remain way too small to see waveforms in the timeline, or am I missing something???

Thanks in advance,

You should be able to do some waveform work in the timeline if you change the view options in the bottom right of the timeline. Click the switch there, max out your clip height and pick an appearence that fits what you're looking for. The far left view is just waveform. The second on has a little video, but is mostly waveform.

www.fcpxtutor.com
 
I'd also like to hear about this.... and, is there any way to easily control a mix of multiple audio tracks? Mute/Solo while audio plays? Metering for individual tracks?
 
Tried out the reduce background noise feature, it works ok, but not as good as Sound Track Pro.

Anyway to select a area that just has the noise, to get a better noise reduction?
 
There are lots of ways to edit and keyframe audio in FCPX, the interface is really different but quite powerful in my opinion. It is easy to expand the waveform and it even has a "ghosting" for quiet clips, it shows the real waveform but also a fainter full hight version so it is really easy to match audio.

I am sure there will be many free tutorials out soon, but reading the manual actually works.

The tutorial in the Larry Jordan series on audio can be purchased or you can buy the whole series. He explains it very well.
http://www.larryjordan.biz/app_bin/Store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=64_65_66&products_id=226
 
I've imported some XDCAM footage into a new X project, but I don't hear any audio. I see that a meter is showing audio is playing, but I can't get any sound. Any suggestions?
 
The 'Noise Removal' option, now is almost completely automated, and feels very consumerish; does not work as well as taking a noise sample like you can do in FCPS3 or CS5. o_0...
 
Back
Top