How can you control your breathing on Camera?

Zachadoodle

Well-known member
Sound is just as important as the image when filming. The issue I have though is that at times when I don't realize it I do a lot of heavy breathing. I'm good with a camera, but I want to be careful with my heavy breathing so that I don't screw up the sound, any tips?
 
It sounds like you are recording audio using the camera's built in omnidirectional mics, which is generally not a good idea for clean sound. This type of mic will pick up sound from all directions, especially audio sources that are close to it, which in your case would be the person operating the camera. For better audio, you need to get the mic away from the camera operator. Put a lav mic onto your talent or boom a shotgun mic overhead, and run those either into your camera or into a portable recorder like a Zoom or a Tascam. Once you adjust the levels for the sound of their voice, you shouldn't hear the crew or camera operator breathing.
 
This is an internal states such as excitement, breathing habits, or obesity, I have rapid breathing in my sleep without running! It can also be related to the heart, but in most cases it is excitement, lack of peace and involuntary habit...
 
Last edited:
In addition to being physically fit and regularly doing cardio exercises, you should look into techniques that divers use to increase their lung capacity, lower their heart rate and oxygen consumption.
 
Back
Top