egproductions
Veteran
Occasionally I work on infographic style animations right in premiere. I create layered photoshop files (sometimes 4k or higher resolution) and import into premiere to give movement.
Problem is that the high res graphics are a real drag on my system. They typically only have a few solid color in them but premiere doesn't seem to be optimized for these types of graphics. The render times can be pretty ridiculous for what appears to be very simple graphics. I noticed, however, that when I dynamically link them into an after effect composition the performance greatly improves.
That being said, I don't want to have to work within after effects and sometimes "replacing with after effect composition" does'nt bring over some of my settings that I applied in premiere. Is there a setting in premiere that would improve performance of simple files like this? Maybe if I used something other than 8 bit PSDs?
Problem is that the high res graphics are a real drag on my system. They typically only have a few solid color in them but premiere doesn't seem to be optimized for these types of graphics. The render times can be pretty ridiculous for what appears to be very simple graphics. I noticed, however, that when I dynamically link them into an after effect composition the performance greatly improves.
That being said, I don't want to have to work within after effects and sometimes "replacing with after effect composition" does'nt bring over some of my settings that I applied in premiere. Is there a setting in premiere that would improve performance of simple files like this? Maybe if I used something other than 8 bit PSDs?