Too long. I would have cut the first half, in half. His 'ANALSIS' doesn't really get sharp until mid way through, especially his points about how the extensive green screen strangled the life and urgency out of the trilogy.
I really liked the bits about how the dialogue was shot and edited, but the best part of all prequel reviews is still the Yoda Empire cross cut montage at the end of the AOTC review.
This review as the other star wars reviews are great and really show how emotionally hurt the filmmaker is! and also shows all the hard work he has put into it!
It's 2:55am now....I was so in the review (maybe because I agree in every point...) that I didn't realize it was getting late hahahaha......
It's kinda amazing how he always nails the 'real' issues of the film and blends it with humor and razor sharp stabs at what's really hurting the story!
To be honest, I thought he was bashing the effects a little too hard in the earlier reviews (given that almost *every* movie has VFX and VFX does not make or break a movie!), but he really nailed that point perfectly in this review -- the overuse and complete stupidity of how it was used.
Now, how about finishing up the hooker side plot ey?
I think this guy should have written and directed the prequels. He actually knows what he's talking about. That was apparent from the episode 1 review, and he seems to nail it on the head and bring about new and fresh problems with every prequel review. It's usually the problems that were there in all of them.
I knew I hated these films, but I saw it at the start of my film making journey. So I never understood why I hated them. He just seems to lay it out for all to see and it makes so much sense.
What struck me as interesting was the use of the camera and blocking. Especially when comparing it to something as beautifully constructed as The Empire Strikes back, which had the most exceptional cinematography of all the Star Wars movies.