Jason Davenport
Well-known member
Saw this on Negetivespaces.com. Hope this is rare.
http://www.negativespaces.com/blog/2011/4/6/video-output-issue-on-sony-pmw-f3.html
"On several different camera bodies I've worked with, when outputting 23.98 psf over both SDI and HDMI, I've noticed a very fine fixed pattern noise over the entire image. It looks like a very faint mesh of black crisscrossing lines. When you do an external recording, it's 100% WYSIWYG so if you're seeing this problem on the monitor, you are definitely going to find it in your files. I've encountered some cameras that don't have this problem at all but others that do. Big problem. I've found that going into the Video Out settings on the camera and turning on 2-3 Pulldown instead of PsF will reduce the problem but it's still there. "
http://www.negativespaces.com/blog/2011/4/6/video-output-issue-on-sony-pmw-f3.html
"On several different camera bodies I've worked with, when outputting 23.98 psf over both SDI and HDMI, I've noticed a very fine fixed pattern noise over the entire image. It looks like a very faint mesh of black crisscrossing lines. When you do an external recording, it's 100% WYSIWYG so if you're seeing this problem on the monitor, you are definitely going to find it in your files. I've encountered some cameras that don't have this problem at all but others that do. Big problem. I've found that going into the Video Out settings on the camera and turning on 2-3 Pulldown instead of PsF will reduce the problem but it's still there. "