I'm seriously considering getting the Redrock M2 lens adapter. I understand the adapter requires rails to support the adapter and any attached lens. Does this preclude doing hand-held camera work with the M2 system attached?
It's a bit hefty for hand held as the unit with a lens attached puts most of the weight forward. I am getting ready in a week or two to put some counter weights on the back of mine and see if it will work with my Glidecam 4000 Pro and smooth shooter.
I'm currently using an EngRig and 24" rods to go handheld with my M2/DVX. Not the most outstanding setup, but it works. (The EngRig is nice, just not designed for this.) Redrock is supposed to be coming out with something, but they're busy with the follow focus and matte box first, I believe. I think someone may even have tried it with a Spiderbrace, but I'd think it would be too heavy for that.
thanks. sounds like redrock is going to corner the 35mm adapter market with their commitment to offering a complete, carefully designed line of ancillary products (follow focus, matte box, etc.). I hope they come out with a hand-held rig.