Gulp! Help fast?

alwayslearning

Well-known member
Ok .. I used adobe Bridge (Photoshop CS3) to view some wedding photos. I right click on the images I want to adjust and select "open with camera raw". In a couple seconds, there it is. I make my adjustments, save and go on. This is the first wedding I did for black folk. It was a challenge for me with white tuxedos, but it came out fairly decent. I burned the photos to a DVD. I looked at them (I always do that just to "make sure".) using windows explorer (LCD screen). My first thought on some of them was that I must have forgotten to click save in camera raw. I closed explorer and opened Bridge. When I looked at them there, they were fine! Now I bring them downstairs to this computer (CRT) ... windows explorer ... SAME THING! Many are too dark.

How do I know what is right? How can 2 different programs display the same file from the same source, differently?

Thanks for any quick input. Larry
 
Thanks for the quick reply. I went to dinner, came back and voila ...

Ok, so that affects "brightness" too?

The situation is that I actually assisted the prime photographer on this wedding. I have to turn over the photos this evening to her. She uses a Mac so is likely only going to view them in Photoshop. So this should be good?

Thanks ...

Larry
 
Check to see what color profile is embedded into the files. Most probably Adobe RGB or sRGB. Either way you should be fine.
 
If you are giving them to the 1st shooter, I would just hand over the RAW files and let them edit to their own taste.
 
heh-heh .. she actually wanted me to "process" the photos because she thinks I do it better. Personally, I think she does ok but like all of us, she is learning. She told me today that the photos were "wonderful". Great, because she gets more weddings than I and she gives work to me. It's all good. I need income, big time.

Thanks in general to all of you on this board. I learn a lot!

Larry
 
Back
Top