El Director
Veteran
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I wanted to share a tip with everyone that has helped me achieve good chromakey's very quickly: If I ever find myself bored and with nothing to edit, I'll get online and google search for greenscreen. I'll filter view the large to extra large images only and find various framegrabs of various shades of green, actors, props, markers, etc.... Basically just get a wide range of options. I'll load them into Vegas, crop to 16:9 and one by one start to key them. Sometimes I have to do a garbage matte, sometimes, there's different shades of green in the image, or there's a marker I have to remove. What's great is that when the time comes for me to key GS footage for my films, it doesn't take forever because I've practiced. Hope that helps some of you!