Greenscreen Car Night Scene

Brett

Well-known member
Hey guys! So, I am trying something COMPLETELY new and not familiar to me atall, and that is shooting on greenscreen. Obviously before I shoot the film I am going to do some tests,
Ill explain the scenes so you guys can get an idea of what Im trying to do. Two actors in a car having a conversation at night while driving, I need to light the inside of the car to make it look like its coming from light sources and not just a constant light that doesnt change that looks studioish. The passenger window and drivers window will be greenscreened to comp a moving scene later in post, has ANYONE done anything similar to this in the past and if so, would you have any pics or video for reference? also what are some things you learned to do and not to do.
THANKS!
 
Wow, that's a really good tutorial. I'd be inclined to do both greenscreen AND the lights. One thing, BE CAREFUL with your green spill. The farther you can get the greenscreen away and evenly lit, the better. I had to key some footage where they had the greenscreen too close to the car and it was reflecting green inside the car. NOT fun.
 
Yeah, the green spill is likely to be a problem, since you're shooting a night scene and the car interior will therefore be relatively unlit and so more likely (than a day shot) to pick up green spill. You may be able to help reduce that by shooting the interior overlit then dimming it down in post. Definitely worth some test shots. You haven't picked the easiest project for a first-ever green screen shoot :(
 
Back
Top