Grab frames from DVD

Shaw

Veteran
Hey guys,

I'm in need of some free or cheap software to grab frames from playing DVDs. I've tried this with what I have on this computer with a piece of software called "ScreenGrab 1.0" and I can't seem to get it right (I use this to take screenshots of software I'm working on so I know the software does work). I can capture the window but it doesn't capture the actual displayed footage. I've tried this both with the DVD on pause and during play.

Anyone know what my problem might be or what software/other solutions I might try out?
 
Haven't looked. I'm sure I do have it; I'll give that a shot as well. Haven't had enough time to experiment with all the options yet.

Thanks!
 
Since computer DVD players (Win) started using DirectX, I've never gotten a grab to grab. It's like the software writers left the snapshot button in there but never tested it. The proble is, they do a sectional screen grab...but the image isn't really ON the screen. :(
 
Back
Top