Got a small job for somebody... any takers?

Thanks Raptor.
Its not that great and I didn't have his photoshop file, so I just used his quickly. edges need to be fixed and stuff, but just wanted to give him an idea.

I thought even making the 2007 look like its sinking in the water.

I think the reason that the poster didn't pop as much at first is because it didn't have much content. That's why I added the liquid below. it also makes for a good heavy base at the bottom of the poster. Kind of grounds the whole thing visually. (I'm finding out that adding content really helps. like a frame from the movie, and tons of layers, graphics, etc..)

The title didn't stand out. that's why I made it pop. I actually used his letter, and added the liquid behind the title with the layer set up as "difference" mixing, so it turned from green to red.

The photos were lined up too perfectly. I added a shadow layer, and taped the 2 that were not clipped.

The font for "a tool for every job" didn't fit. It almost wants to be a dosier looking type of font.

I think I also made the whole background a little bit darker. I'm assuming his movie is dark, and didn't want something so bright.

I'm no graphic designer, so I hope he likes it, and some of these ideas help him create his killer poster.

Good luck. :)
 
Plus Raptor, it highlights some of your work :D
I thought it would be cool to include that in the title. People won't have a clue what this green liquid is all about, and when they watch the film, they all get this nice little reward "ahhhhhhh, that's what the green liquid on the poster is all about."
 
Yeah i like that raptor. Maybe I'll make 3 different posters and each one have a different picture. You're right, it looks a lot better with just the one main one in the center. What would you all recommend for the title. Should i emboss it instead? Change the color or lighting?
 
Hey siniarch,

Can i send you the photoshop file? Do you think you could add what you did to it and send it back? I love what you did to it! It looks great!
 
-Siniarch, I think brock didn't see it at first because you have to be logged in to see it. Otherwise it's shows up as a link.

-Brock, can you give me an update on your progress with the shot. Send a PM if you want. -thanks.
 
As long as you don't need it right away, I'll be happy to help out. Just send me the file to luis@silo23.com.
and don't feel bad about reminding me to do it. I always end up doing a lot of favors for friends and people I don't even know. hahhahah.
All I ask is a little patience and to keep reminding me to do it. :)
 
Aight guys, i did some more work on the poster. I used some of siniarch's techniques with the tape. I loved that. Also, i changed the font in the center. Do you all still think i need to re-arrange the photos around more and put the words in the top left like siniarch's? Let me know what you guys think! thanks!



Here is another one i did... i tried to brighten up the title (although i need to do it more) and i aligned some things and tried the capital letters with a different font again...

Also, do you all like the slogan? I was also thinking something simple like "Consequences" or something more darkly playful like "Fate's A Funny Little Thing" but i didn't know if that sounded gay.
 
Last edited:
That's better brock. The name stands out and is easy to find and see.
The lowest pic may need some tilting but...

actually, the best place to get more feedback on this type of thing is in the photshop sub-forum. You might get a little more photoshopped feedback posting this there. Some of those guys stop in here but sometimes they are busy also.

I go there routinely to pick up new tips.

/Oh , I like Fatal Defect as the title.
 
Dude. I'm impressed. I'm digging the shots. Honestly, I'm not sure if you can keep up the pace-per-shot but if it's 50% like what I'm seeing so far, whew.

I'm seriously thinking about bumping up that syr shot.
 
haha, well i appreciate that raptor! Here is what i'm working with. A Z1U, my co-director, and my script supervisor. haha. Hardly any other equipment what-so-ever. I could really use a 35mm lense adapter (M2 anyone?) with some Nikons and then I would be in business! I had to make a dolly and i just finished the steadicam today. Me and my dad designed it. We need to add some weight to it but here is pretty much what it looks like.

[URL=http://img529.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf1574zy8.jpg][/URL]
 
Here is me and my script supervisor on the white set breakdown. Jordan couldn't make it with his multiple jobs but i'll get him to post of pictures for you guys so you can attach some faces to these names.
 
Yeah raptor,

It's just muslin cloth with no seems. About 20 some odd feet long and about 10 to 12 feet high. The ground is white paper. I tried to remove our shadows completely on that photo just to see if it would work but it didn't work entirely. Here is a photo that i didnt set the f-stop correctly. This is close to what it would look like to the naked eye...

 
Back
Top