GoPro Lens Distortion render speed?

awelgraven

Well-known member
I have a bunch of 4k and 2.7 GoPro drone footage I just shot, and I'm trying to Warp Stablize and then de-fisheye the footage using the built-presets Premiere 2014 CC offers. The problem is, the Lens Distortion render is unbelievably slow. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm working off a 12-core Mac Pro (trash can model) with dual AMD FirePro D500's. As it stand now, I can't play back footage in real time that's been de-fisheyed. It plays like a slideshow... a frame every 5-10 seconds will show up. If I try and render those clips in the sequence, it will take a few hours for a few minutes of footage, which I find hard to believe.

Any suggestions? Anything I could be doing better?
 
The Lens distortion effect is not GPU accelerated. hence the bad playback.
Might want to de-fish in the free Gorpro Studio software first.
 
Last edited:
Thank you, I went ahead and did that. To keep file quality high, should I leave the render setting at "best?" That creates Cineform HD files, so my 3GB GoPro file ballooned to 30+GB in size. I was hoping to keep the same original file and just use Premiere's GPU acceleration to edit, but if this is the way to get de-fisheyed footage to play back in real time, I guess I'll do it :)
 
Back
Top