Good re-timer software?

franck

Well-known member
Looking into purchasing a good retiming program to go with Final Cut or independent of it.
Any of you have some experience with a sub-$1000 version?
Thanks.....
 
I've only used ReTimer myself, and it's results are quite outstanding - takes a little to get used to, as you have embed comps/sequences to retime clips, but you get used to it. The SD version is $400, and the HD version is $900. Neither are cheap - but I think they offer more the Twixor or ReelSmartMotionBlur as ReTimer is essentially both these tools in one.
Might be wrong though as I don't own either plugins from RevisionFX. Was trying to find someone myself who'd used both ReTimer and ReelSmart... any takers?
--EDIT--
Forgot to mention too, ReTimer works in AE, Combustion and FCP - no need to buy multiple versions. Huge plus in my book as I use all three.
 
Duff, you can download demo versions for both Twixtor and MotionBlur. I've tried the first one and I'm planning on getting it, once I have 600$ laying around. It *is* that good, just try it.
 
Duffdaddy said:
Forgot to mention too, ReTimer works in AE, Combustion and FCP - no need to buy multiple versions. Huge plus in my book as I use all three.

So can you use it as a sort of plug-in to fcp?
I'm really not familiar with AE, and feel too lazy to learn it. So if ReTimer is fairly simple and doesnt need AE, looks like a good option for me.
 
actually someone made the point in the AE thread that none of the other slo-mo tools can also remap audio. Never noticed it myself in ReTimer as I've never worried about audio - my slo-mo has always been to a V/O or soundtrack. So if you need to remap your audio too, AE apparently is your only option.
 
Back
Top