Going nuts!!! Why is the Youtube audio out of sync

Hi all ! I hope you guys can help.
No matter what i do my latest upload to youtube is out of sync.
It's a music video 23.98 1080p
I have put up other videos about three months ago and have not had a problem
i'm using FCPx 10.3.
I researched something about the audio must have constant bit rate.
Neither FCPX or compressor offer the option.
Is it because the video is 1080p that this issue is occurring.
This is driving me kooky, i've been on it for two solid days.The release date is three days away and i cam't get it to sync.
it plays back fine on the desktop.
PLEASE HELP!!!
Much appreciated
Thanks
 
What codec are you encoding to? VP9 is probably the best option.
I haven't used FCP since version 4.5, so I can't help you there, but the problem isn't connected to resolution.
Is your audio 48khz? I've had audio get out of sync when encoding to H.264, so I simply offset the audio about 4 frames get it to play correctly on the web.
 
hi thanks for trying to help.
I'm encoding to h264 like it says on the google forums.
Yes the audio is 48khz.
it plays back fine on the desktop so i really don't want to screw around with sliding the audio around.
i'll try uploading to vimeo and see how it behaves there .
Thanks
 
when you do an optical flow to conform a 29/97 video to 23.98 does it also conform the audio.
I hope so because if not, that is my problem.
digital performer and all audio programs default to 29.97.
Does anybody know if the audio is also conformed??????
 
OK Audio drift sync problems SOLUTION.

IF YOUR SOURCE AUDIO IS 44.1 AND YOU ARE UPLOADING TO YOUTUBE
you should replace the 44.1 audio with 48khz audio before you do your export.
Final cut will say the audio is 48khz but from what i can tell that meta data does not math the actual audio.
I used iTunes to convert my audio file to 48khz AIFF and put the 48khz in my timeline and now all is well.
Why FCPX does not actually convert the timeline audio to 48khz on export who knows!
 
Back
Top