Glow me, C4D!

Hey, does anyone know how to render a depth map with alpha channels processed?

For example, If I have a picture of a leaf and I apply an alpha channel in AE, then I import it into C4D and place it on a polygon with the alpha channel set, the depth map will only calculate the original polygon shape, NOT the matted leaf...

I tried being tricky to work around this last night by rendering my image with a white luminance material on everything in my scene (a tree) and it looked great in my editor window, but every time I render I get these weird edges. Ya, it's a step in the right direction in that I can actually see my matted images, but it's still not acceptable for a usable depth map...

I kept playing with render and material settings, but just kept getting this result:

Treefaileddepthmap_00000-1.png
 
Last edited:
Back
Top