General Question- anamorphic adapter vs.Wide angle

jjpopp

Active member
Hi - not sure this is the right place for this question. I am shooting a few shorts and a docummentary. I will be doing a lot of interview type filming and was wondering what I needed. I want to be able to get good perpective of several folks talking - while seating and while walking around. Is this where a anamorphic adapter comes in or just a wide angle lense?
 
Re: General Question- anamorphic adapter vs.Wide a

Re: General Question- anamorphic adapter vs.Wide a

The wide-angle adapter gives you a wider field of view, letting you see more in the frame. The anamorphic adapter changes the shape of your video, instead of shooting 4:3 (which is the shape of a TV screen) you'd be shooting 16:9 (which is the shape of a movie screen, or a widescreen TV).
 
Re: General Question- anamorphic adapter vs.Wide a

Re: General Question- anamorphic adapter vs.Wide a

Thanks, now I understand. Looks like I need a wide angle lense. For now I just want to get more in my frame.
 
Re: General Question- anamorphic adapter vs.Wide a

Re: General Question- anamorphic adapter vs.Wide a

I've asked this question before but nobody seems to know. Is it possible to use both the wide angle lens and the anamorphic lens at the same time to get an even wider picture? Is this possible, and if so, what are the negatives?

Thanks.
 
Re: General Question- anamorphic adapter vs.Wide a

Re: General Question- anamorphic adapter vs.Wide a

if the wide angle has 72mm threads (or can be adapted to) on the outside you could screw the adaptor on, but your image would probably look like butt. the dvx lense is alreay wide, and the anamorphic makes it much wider. i dont think you would find the need for using anything more than the anamorphic for wide once you see how wide it is. and again if you did your pic would be pure butt. ..thats a technical term
 
Re: General Question- anamorphic adapter vs.Wide a

Re: General Question- anamorphic adapter vs.Wide a

[quote author=iamloser link=board=Links;num=1081289426;start=0#5 date=04/07/04 at 12:05:37]your pic would be pure butt. ..thats a technical term[/quote] Butthead says: uh huh huh, loser said "butttt", huh uh....
 
Re: General Question- anamorphic adapter vs.Wide a

Re: General Question- anamorphic adapter vs.Wide a

Thanks IAMLOSER for answering. Much appreciated.
 
Re: General Question- anamorphic adapter vs.Wide a

Re: General Question- anamorphic adapter vs.Wide a

Yeah, keep in mind that the anamorphic adapter is, in and of itself, a wide-angle converter too (although only on the horizontal axis). With the anamorphic installed, your field of view will be as wide as if you'd put on a .67x wide-angle adapter. It's equivalent to about 20mm when talking about 35mm still photography -- very, very wide.
 
Back
Top