FS700: LOG like PP?

RebelFilm

Member
Hi all,

I'm doing a 48 Hour Music Video this weekend where we'll be shooting with the C300, FS700 and FS100. I'm shooting the FS100 and doing editing/CC/vfx. I'm shooting G-LOG Ultimate on my FS100, C-LOG on the C300, but have no idea what PP to use to match the FS700 as closely as possible to the others. I would prefer a LOG-like PP, so I can grade all the cams close to each other. Any tips on a good PP?
 
Just wanted to let you know the PP's on the FS camera's worked great! Used G-Log on the 100 and Cine4 with high black levels and Color Level -7 and get nice cinematic shots that graded very nicely. I used TRUCine on the C300, but that was a different story, weird coloured blowouts. But I suspect there's some wrongs settings going on with the C300. Here is the music video btw, sadly only got 2 nominees: Best Cinematography and Best Concept.

https://vimeo.com/50062346
 
Just wanted to let you know the PP's on the FS camera's worked great! Used G-Log on the 100 and Cine4 with high black levels and Color Level -7 and get nice cinematic shots that graded very nicely. I used TRUCine on the C300, but that was a different story, weird coloured blowouts. But I suspect there's some wrongs settings going on with the C300. Here is the music video btw, sadly only got 2 nominees: Best Cinematography and Best Concept.

https://vimeo.com/50062346
Nice work! And nice twist at the end. Would love to hear your thoughts on the relative merits of the cameras. I had the fs100 and am deciding between c300 and fs700. In some shots I saw some strong aliasing (eg cellphone at 1:46). Is that from Vimeo?
 
Thnx! No, that shot is from the C300. The C300 from my friend is doing weird things with colours and highlights. First I thought it the AB_Norm profile, but with the TRUCine profile we also got weird highlight colours, blow outs, etc. Looks like DV material and shouldn't happen with the C300. I'm testing some things out this Sunday. It's not my camera, so I don't know the in and outs, but this shouldn't happen. I graded the sh*t out of the C300 material to even get it to match it even somewhat the the FS's. Even the 4:2:2 couldn't handle that. It's hard for me to judge the camera's. I know what the C300 is capable of, but with the material I received from it I haven't been happy with it. But that's a problem with this specific camera(I hope for the operator's sake ;)). I loved working with the FS700. The built-in ND's are a time saver. The 4K sensor really delivers sharp images. The slo mo is of course amazing. This would be my first pick, because imo it has the best bang for buck. I got a great deal on a brand new FS100 and haven't looked back. I couldn't afford anything higher up the chain and I'm really happy with what I'm getting from the FS100 right now! Imo best "budget" choice imo and beats anything DSLR. I love the ergonomics from the C300 and the menu's/workflow. It's a nice camera to work with. I really dislike the fan in there. It's not at RED levels, but it's audible! I know what the C300 can do, but with the material I got from this job and previous jobs I'm really displeased with what I'm seeing, but I think that there's something wrong with this particular camera.
 
Back
Top