Ralph nixon
Well-known member
Question for you experienced docu makers do you bulk load your raw footage into your editing system or do you select what you want and load it in?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Bus No. 8 said:Definitely transcribe your interviews and start working on a paper edit before you capture them.
For cover footage I tend to scrub through the tapes and log and capture as I go. For me it's faster than making a VHS burn, logging and then capturing.
Ralph nixon said:1) "Cover Footage" what do you mean by that term. And so you pick and choose as you capture and then do transcripts after?
2) How do you prevent wear and tear on the tape when doing transcipts?
3) Is it alright to watch the tape two or three times before loading it or does that increase the risk of dropouts?
4) What is the best timecode mode Regen or TC Preset?
Geno said:You might want to capture the footage in offline quality, and when you are done with the edit, you can link up just what you have in the timeline in full quality. As for transcribing, I have 50 hours and I know everything and where it is, I never understood the wisdom of having everything written down. Of course I conducted the interviews as well so I had a head start on what was said. Just take good notes when you log your footage into the browser.
Maria said:I like the idea of logging and transcribing and downloading only what one will use, but having the footage transferred to a VHS with a window burned for time code is expensive. Any ideas on how to this more cost effective?