focus chart: PAL - small distances

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zoomforce
  • Start date Start date
Z

Zoomforce

Guest
I would assume the PAL would be the same..

The zoom in to focus is what I do everytime, so yes that's a good method. the only time that doesnt work sometimes is with the anamorphic adapter, there are small focus shifts, which always happens when you put distortion glass in front of a lens.
 
Re: focus chart: PAL - small distances

Great!...

I'll have that chart - meters version - printed to a nice resistant material, I'll just paste various little copies of it to a 20x30 cm 300 dpi picture and voilà, there's a nice cheap photo print service nearby.

And: I assume there are no focal length or distance restraints for the zoom in + focus + zoom out... or you would have pointed out.

Thanks Zoom,
Nicola

P.S.: you volunteered to pay 50 more USD to send me the 3100 mhA batteries in a faster and more reliable way than what you had formerly planned, and you said "ok to me anyway"... I tried to point other buyers to DVXuser... but anyway I'm still waiting for the occasion where I'll buy some other article and I'll just add those 50 bucks :-)
 
focus chart: PAL - small distances

Hello,

In the page http://www.adamwilt.com/24p/index.html

with nice infos about the Pany there's a link to a focus chart http://www.flickerfactory.com/egp/morestuff/dvx100focus.htm

which has already been mentioned BTW here in DVXuser in a post of October 24th.

- Is there any reason not to consider it reliable with the PAL model?
- Why doesn't it "cover" smaller distances, would it be a focal length related issue?

And: is it correct to zoom in + focus + zoom out and shoot?

Thanks for any advice,
Nicola
 
Back
Top