Floating a Camera over the Talent

bprater

Member
I'm doing a business-related shoot for a body massage company -- and I would like to float the camera over the body to follow the hands of the masseuses. Sort of like a bird's eye shot of the length of the body.

I know that a jib could probably get me close, but space is a consideration in the room they want me to work on. And I know that I could go high with a tripod, but I'd still be getting some angle. I'd really like a straight-on god's eye view with the composition. Can you guys give suggestions on the kit I'd need to accomplish this?

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Mounting it will be the trick, but try reverse shots in a suitable mirror angled at 45 degrees over the talent lying on the table.
You'd have to move it for different shots of the masseuses hands at work. You should be able to fractionally zoom in/out too.

Set everything up the lighting etc. and measure the angles before you go on set.

Cheers.
 
Last edited:
Id look at puting an 8ft slider between two tripods - you will stillhave to conquer getting the camera pointing down

S
 
If you want this to be a tighter shot you could set your tripod as high as it goes (maybe on apple boxes if need be) - operate from a step ladder and loosely pan and tilt to follow the masseuse's hands. Slow motion can go a long way here too.
 
Back
Top