Firmware Hack Success!

Swweeeet. Let's root for some manual controls!!!

Live view
Robust 1080
Manual controls

Me will get.

Ultimate vdslr armada.

2 x Gh1 and a 5dizzle


I'm hoping for a hack that keeps live HDMI at full 1080 while recording, and gets rid of the overlays, or at least allows full output without a timer on the locked settings. (without hitting record)

I really want it to work with the nanoFlash.
 
Absolutely. That would be incredible for this camera. Hell any camera.

I wish we had someone like Hudson working on the GH-1 as well. LoL

Can't wait to see what he unhinges next.
 
Another update for the on screen levels and more: http://vimeo.com/4817844
(with commentary this time)

Starting to really look great! Should I continue posting updates? I suppose anybody interested is already subscribed to the related threads at cinema5d...
 
No, keep them coming! WOuld love to open this site and see 24/25p Unlocked!
Agreed.
At this rate, would it be unreasonable to expect a Mid-Summer (July??) release of a completely updated firmware hack for manual controls + 24/25p?
Even if it isn't by July, I'd just like to see it distributed sometime before the fall.
 
Concerning a release, Hudson did say that there may be one ready by next weekend with a focus on audio. Based on how things are looking, I think there is a good chance of that.

It is almost certain that manual control will be implemented. Changing the frame rate is just not clear yet.

Adding features is the easy part. The hard part is trying to figure out how the system works, where the data is, and how to get control. There are so many possibilities open to us, but it will take some time to figure out exactly what can be done.

Can't wait to get my hands on the source and start my own modifications.
 
Well, talk about progress! This summer, I think it's a surefire assumption manual control will finally arrive...Keep the updates coming!
 
Indeed. ACG and levels is only the beginning.

Crop marks, Zebra, possibly 24p, enhancements to the codec, possibly 2k resolution, reduced aliasing, etc... Once this thing is open we can do almost anything we want with it that hardware allows.
 
Back
Top