FINAL DRAFT: Final Draft .fdx file compatibility between PC and Mac ?

Are .fdx files fluidly editable between PC and Mac? Say I create a final draft script on my PC, upload it to Dropbox, then access it from a Mac and want to edit it on a Mac. Assuming of course both the PC and Mac have Final Draft 8 installed.
 
Yes. For a while I was using FD for PC and collaborating with a writer who was using FD on MAC. At the time, even my version of FD was older but he was able to save it as an FDR film instead of FDX and I was still able to open it. FDX as long as your version is capable of opening it, should be just fine.
 
Yes. For a while I was using FD for PC and collaborating with a writer who was using FD on MAC. At the time, even my version of FD was older but he was able to save it as an FDR film instead of FDX and I was still able to open it. FDX as long as your version is capable of opening it, should be just fine.

Since FDX is an XML file, one should be able to 'edit' it with any text editor... but obviously the fancy formatting stuff would be missing...

But the industry has been tending to system agnostic formats, because of all the trouble in the past due to heavily used apps not having easy cross platform pathways...
 
Back
Top