FCPX noob - can't open transfered project on external drive

Ryan-Guy

Well-known member
I'm coming from FCP7 (ol' faithful). I'm trying to transfer a project from another computer's hard drive to my external drive to edit on my personal computer. I copied the project and referenced events, and I can see on my personal computer that FCPX successfully copied all of the media from that project to my external drive, however there is no project timeline. I see a FCPX project file/thumbnail in finder in the external drive, but when I double-click it its text code. I have the most recent update, and the computer I transferred from is running on a older update, if that matters.

Help.
 
Which versions- it likely has to be updated. And you don't just double-click projects to open them in X, depending on the version they need to be within a specific set of folders.

-Noah
 
Back
Top