FCPX Megatest - 9 Day Bicycle Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing your experiences, please keep them coming. I'm about to embark on what could be a large, long-term project for a new website, and while FCPX almost looks to have been made with us in mind it's clearly early days to commit to it. The more we hear about stress-testing it in different environments, the better.
 
Hi newtodvx100a

we used the d7000 less and less for i fell in love with the F3.
Still there are some Clips in the Vids. I think if you don't know you don't notice - so the D7000 really does a good Job.
To my taste it's picture quality is better than the Canons - but the "half manual" Control over Exposure and Shutter
make it a little hard to work with the D7000 properly.


 
Hi newtodvx100a we used the d7000 less and less for i fell in love with the F3.Still there are some Clips in the Vids. I think if you don't know you don't notice - so the D7000 really does a good Job.To my taste it's picture quality is better than the Canons - but the "half manual" Control over Exposure and Shuttermake it a little hard to work with the D7000 properly.
Thank you for the quick response. I see Canon being used every where. Glad to hear from someone with a Nikon.
 
Excellent blog! You've convinced me to give FCP X a shot. Going to wade through the Ripple Training series with Steve Martin and hopefully cut my next work on FCP X.

I appreciate all your candid sharing. Thanks!
 
Hey tirapell call Stve Jobs and tell him I sold his stuff, so I get my 30% app-store-share haha

Give it a try, but hope for an update ;-)
 
Hey man, good job on the blog (and the project). My only suggestion would be for you to use the word 'native' footage instead of RAW footage.

Hey, very good point. I will "skim through the blog" and change it ;-)

edit: DONE!
 
Last edited:
What's the point of this thread? We all know it's usable as an editing system.

For lots of big budget post houses it is not an option. For most on DVXuser it is. That's who apple made it for. Everyone else.
 
The point of this thread is to share the experience of FCPX usage in a large scale, professional production. It's been very educational to read the blog and if you haven't, I highly recommend you do.

Thanks for the great blog! Here's hoping Apple fills in the gaps sooner than later!
 
You seem really hard up on Final Cut X to show that it's so great. Your comment earlier in the thread
It's blogs and tests like this that will prove the "haters" wrong. MUCH of the "lack of pro features" complaining is due to a lack of knowledge on the new workflow, new lexicon, and a new interface. I'm not saying all complaints are covered, but most are.

I'm excited to read more and see the results of your test. Be careful, you may be forever tagged as a "non-pro" if you choose to use FCPX! Lol.
shows you have no idea why people do not like the new version.
 
The conclusion, however, tells a different story. For broadcast he clearly says its not ready. He needed FCP7 for many broadcast requirements.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top