Nicholas Natteau
Veteran
Just wondering what all of you believe are the most urgently needed keyboard shortcuts for FCP X?
For me so far:
• "Shift + T" = to change track heights in the FCP X timeline as in FCP7.
Steve Martin from Ripple Training said he couldn't understand why Apple didn't include this vital keyboard shortcut right out of the gate. I find myself having to change track heights all the time and wish I could with Shift+T instead of mousing over all the time.
• "CMND+OPTION+T" for audio cross fades (as in FCP7)
I'll add more but these are the two that I find myself most missing right now from FCP 7.
Being very keyboard oriented I've always edited much faster with keyboard shortcuts than mousing over.
For me so far:
• "Shift + T" = to change track heights in the FCP X timeline as in FCP7.
Steve Martin from Ripple Training said he couldn't understand why Apple didn't include this vital keyboard shortcut right out of the gate. I find myself having to change track heights all the time and wish I could with Shift+T instead of mousing over all the time.
• "CMND+OPTION+T" for audio cross fades (as in FCP7)
I'll add more but these are the two that I find myself most missing right now from FCP 7.
Being very keyboard oriented I've always edited much faster with keyboard shortcuts than mousing over.
Last edited: