FCP X Footage/TimeLine Question

SGM

Active member
I'm editing a short film segment that will be in my feature..editing on my Laptop which isn't great for editing a feature. The short will be two minutes. My footage is in a folder on my desktop, all 32 gigs from the 32 gig card. I had shot new footage onto the card (twelve new clips) and was fearing that if I deleted the footage from my desktop which didn't have the 12 clips, if it would not show up. Once I deleted the older folder and uploaded the new one, there were absolutely no issues. The footage played, I had new clips.

Now my question is this. I am wanting to get my time-line edits transfered onto my desktop which I will be editing my feature on. The only issue is that I'm not sure how to do that? I have my time-line and edits on my FCP X on my laptop. Do I put it on the hard-drive somehow to transfer it via hard drive from my laptop to my desktop? Can anyone confirm on how to do this? Is this possible?
 
Back
Top