FCP x 10.0.9 can't see Promise Pegasus RAID5 - any ideas?

TubEfingers

Well-known member
Hi,

recently got a Pegasus R6 and have it plugged into my MBP,but it's not showing up in FCPX 10.0.9,
I can drag and drop video files from the RAID into events library and edit ok but I would like to save events and projects to the RAID,
I'm not using the Pegasus for time machine and I don't have any files/folders at root level to make FCPX think its a camera,
Any ideas?

Thanks

Luke
 
Make sure there are no camera folders or files from cameras at the root of the drive- that can fool FCPX into thinking it's a camera not a hard drive. Also, get thee to 10.1, Project/Event management is much more controllable.

-Noah
 
yeah, i have no camera folders/files at root - i deleted these and turned off time machine/deleted the backup from the RAID whilst troubleshooting, but the RAID still doesn't show up in FCPX.
My main reason not to update to 10.1 & Mavericks so far has been due to concerns about FCP7, Mail etc issues in the new OS,
I still have a lot of long form FCP7 projects that require occasional updates,
are you running FCP7 ok in Mavericks?
 
I've been using FCP7 on Mavericks and it works fine. I haven't noticed any problems other than my Black Magic mini monitor no longer working.
 
I had similar a few months back with an SSD RAID I set up on my MacPro. It was there on the desktop and every other app, but FCPX couldn't see it.
I happened one day to get info on the drive in PathFinder (a Finder replacement I've been using for over 10 years), and found that it had an invisible box checked.

Unchecking this then enabled FCPX to see it.

Oh what a happy day that was...
 
Tried Pathfinder but RAID was visible - installed FCPX 10.1 and problem solved, can now create Libraries etc on the RAID :)
 
Back
Top