favorite time of the day to write?

JimtheJib

Well-known member
i feel like the only time i can write and the only time i really feel my creative juices stirring is when it is after midnight, it is dark out and there is absolutely no noise.


do any of you guys have a particular time of the day that you feel most confortable writing?
 
I can write just about anytime. If I have the opportunity to choose the time, I would normally choose the morning.
 
I can write anytime

I can write anytime

I write whenever the moment stirs me. And that can be morning, noon or night.

However I seem to come up with ideas, just as I am dropping off to sleep (which I tend to lose, since I forget them). Or while I am out walking.
 
I am and have always been a night person. I find my mind works most creatively at night, from around 11pm-5/6am. This is not to say I can't (or don't) write at other times, but I feel I am at the top of my game then... my best ideas come to me then... the words just come so much easier.

My WORST time to write-anything even a check--is before noon. Argh.
 
Early morning, really. Any other time of the day or night, there is just too much life buzzing around. But considering I have to be AT WORK at 6:30am, "early morning" to me may as well be "the black of night" to most.

I used to write stream of consciousness when I didnt have anything else really structured to do, but I find that my mind goes in these conceptual directions at the oddest times now. Give me more than 30 seconds of silence and the backburners of my brain come to the forefront.
 
I write constantly and I have the random scraps of paper, sticky notes and numerous moleskins to prove it. I also email and text msg myself sometimes. I feel its more important to write something down than dismiss it even if it seems ridiculous at the time. It's similar to how Douglas Adams wrote so it can't be all bad.
 
Back
Top