F3K vs EX1R (Dennis Ersöz)

The F3 becomes more and more attractive the more footage I see. Incredibly clean footage in those low light situations...
 
Clipping highlights are more visible on the banana on F3 and 5d, Panasonic holds well against the two, keeping the color on the banana's highlights, bad resolution of the 5d is clear, and here is stationary test, no aliasing situation for the 5d.
One thing is that Panasonic was set up more exposed, slightly, from the get go.
Next step is to do a test in real life situation with a human face, from my perception Panasonic has a better latitude, holds more information on human skin, part of it, the codec on AF100 compared to old unpredictable on F3. NEX-FS100 would be a good camera to directly compare the two.

F3 looks worse and more unpleasant, imho, with unpredictable chroma and highlights clipping, the more footage I see. Latest from Japan:
http://vimeo.com/21106866
http://vimeo.com/21091621
http://vimeo.com/21384806

for low light situations, F3 holds well, I agree, probably better that AF100
 
Last edited:
Back
Top