export to tape question

skratchiechan

Well-known member
i have the panasonic GS9 and im trying to export to tape, it works but the audio is weird sometimes... it sounds like an echo of some sort. anyone know whats wrong?

i changed the playback setting for the audio to audio hardware and it sounds perfect, but its not recording to the GS9... when i tell it to use the DV hardware, thats when i get that echo

any suggestions?
 
When you export to tape, just turn off your TV monitor and that will solve your problem. There will always be a slight delay from your TV and your DV camera.
 
How are you listening to the audio? Your computer speakers may be hiding the echoes, but your TV speakers may reveal them.

The clicks may be coming from bad tape. Does it always happen at the same place? Did you try cleaning the record head and using a new tape?
 
is the audio like that when you are playing back off the timeline or does it do that when you play it from the camera? Did you shoot this on the DVX and then played it back on the GS9? Sounds like the camera heads or a bad tape. If you are hearing this audio from the original source then it could be a bad tape. Find the source and let me know.
 
yea when i press play on the timeline it plays perfectly

i dont think its the heads because when i play raw footage, the audio is okay.

how ami listiening to the audio? its thru the canmera the GS9...
 
skratchiechan said:
how ami listiening to the audio? its thru the canmera the GS9...

There's the source of the problem. Just dump it to your DVX for now. I've never used the GS9 before but make sure the audio bit rate is set at 48khz 16bit and not 32khz.
 
wow, i really dont want to use my dvx for export :(

i was looking thru my manual on the GS9 and the Specs said that it the audio can be recorded 16bit 48khz...
 
skratchiechan said:
wow, i really dont want to use my dvx for export :(
.

I understand but if you want it to sound right you kinda have to. Another option would be is that you can always export striaght to DVD. Plus I don't think its going to hurt the DVX. Just don't do it all the time. I use my DVX for mastering when I have to. Good luck man.
 
skratchiechan said:
mastering
like when your done with everyting?
and how often do you use your DVX for exporting?


Yeah, I only use it for my final product. I don't want to risk using a cheap old mini DV where Gods knows what the heads have been through. So yeah, thats the only time I use my DVX for exporting. For everything else I use my master card, no I use a sony TRV900.
 
i think i know what the problem is... i think its the firewire cable...
because i went to my friends house to try it on his computer and it was okay

you thnk it can be the firewire cable blue?
 
skratchiechan said:
you thnk it can be the firewire cable blue?

I'm almost quite positive that its not the firewire cable. I've used probably several dozen and only 1 went out on me. Then again I did run it over with my rolling chair bending the pins. I honestly don't know what else to tell you but to try dumping at your friends house till you find a solution. My only guess is that of your GS9 camera or your premiere settings. Good luck!
 
Back
Top