export to Sorenson Squeeze

dregenthal

Veteran
I've been using Sorenson Squeeze Compression Suite for some time. It's straight forward, has a lot more options than Procoder Express (and I'm more familiar with it). And, the new upgrade to 4.5 has improved h.264 capability.

I frequently distribute projects in multiple formats (which is why I use the product in the first place). Does anyone know what the "best" format to export to Sorenson from the Edius Broadcast timeline would be?

Thanks.
 
If the goal is to get the best quality, then I think you'll have to go with uncompressed audio and video in a QuickTime container simply because the Canopus HQ and Canopus Lossless codecs are not available on the Mac. The files will obviously be huge.
 
THoff said:
If the goal is to get the best quality, then I think you'll have to go with uncompressed audio and video in a QuickTime container simply because the Canopus HQ and Canopus Lossless codecs are not available on the Mac. The files will obviously be huge.

Yikes, I was afraid that'd be the answer!

That's what I used to do with my SD workflow -- always worked like a charm. Guess I was hoping there would be some intermediate format that would/could work so I wouldn't end up with those "monster" files. Of course I can delete them when finished and just save the project (and raw) files.

Thanks for the quick reply.
 
Back
Top