Export to 24pa file question

PrestonH

Well-known member
Okay, this is an unintelligent, or at best, odd question but if I'm exporting a 24pa timeline to a 24pa file with the 24pa codec, should I be selecting the "no fields (progressive)" or "lower field" render option - or does it really matter since Premiere seems to create/introduce it's own pulldown on export? (This is with "repeat frame" selected in the playback options, or course).
 
Re: Export to 24pa file question

no feilds progressive.
..and reg 24pa uses interlaced frames instead of repeated frames.. a little more processor intensive, but it will be in the standard format then... not that it really matters since the frames are just there to take up space till they are dropped again anyway.
 
Re: Export to 24pa file question

Thanks, you confirmed my assumptions. With the way Premiere handles 24p I didn't want to assume too much though. I started wondering about the field render issue because I know the 24pa stream includes interlaced frames - but in the end it doesn't matter.
 
Back
Top