expanding

alveraz

Veteran
hey guys, been redesigning the new website. we're moving into new areas of photography. let me know what you think of the design so far, it's not done and i know there are broken links and missing portfolios, it's going to be a few days until i'm done. but i wanted to get your initial thoughts of the basic direction. also let me know if it's loading okay for you.

www.zampanophoto.com


thanks!
 
I think it's a good look as far as branding goes (different colored squares) its easily recognizable and works for different types of photography. In terms of marketing yourself, its much different than how you were positioning your photography before.

Before I got the perception of a high end artistic photographer that specializes in headshots. Because you are entering into multiple disciplines of photography I am seeing your business as a less personal business that does high end work if that makes sense. There is no one right way of marketing yourself but its definitely something to be aware of. You also want to be conscious of your branding and not to alter or adjust it too often. The rule about visual branding is that when you are starting to get sick of your "look" that's when it is probably starting to stick with your clients.
 
oh if you are sticking with the colored squares...you should pick your set of colors and stick with the exact RGB and CMYK values. You might want to avoid colors that make text difficult to read like the bands square.
 
Excellent tips! I know the risk of changing the brand, but I've been doing the headshots for two years and was ready for a change. I have two new partners now and we're ready to expand. Going to take some time to build but I think we're on the right track. The clients I may lose in the headshot arena should be made up in other areas. I've secured a handful of sports and product clients so we're off and running.

Thanks again, off to make a couple changes based on your notes.
 
k, think I got it mostly done now. any more thoughts appreciated. i fixed some color problems too.

thanks!
 
Back
Top