Encore burn?

skinners1

Active member
I have prepared a mpeg2 file and tried to burn to dvd in encore. Problem is, I can't get Encore to recognize my DVD burner. It continually recognizes my CD drive only? Premiere has no problem with the sony burner, but for some reason, Encore will not. What am I doing wrong?
 
I had this problem too, but it was a Windows XP issue, not Encore. Make sure the "Allow recording on this device" box is checked in the properties window of the drive you want to burn with. For some reason Encore only recognized my CD burner too. After checking this box, however, it recognized my DVD burner. Hope this helps.
 
Thanks Chiaroscuro, works like a charm now. When I created a mpeg2 it doesn't appear that it created an audio file, this was done in adobe media encoder? Actually it created a seperate .wav file?
 
You should have one .m2v file for the video and one .wav file for the audio. I usually use Premier to transcode from avi to mpeg2 and then take those two files to Encore to burn.
 
I t appears that is what happened. I am new to encore... so how do I combine the files so that they are together? Sorry to sound so ignorant. I imported both into encore but can't seem to figure out the obvious?
 
After you import both files, create a timeline. Drag your video and then your audio files into the timeline. You can use your scrollbar to make sure they sync up. Sorry about my late answer, I had to go on a shoot this weekend.
 
Back
Top