edius nx with hd expansion bay

Jeff In Ocala

Active member
Hi all, my work flow is shoot hvx p2 dvcpro50, injest mxf's into edius, edit, post work etc, then out via s video to a beta sp deck. for distribution to broadcast and cable stations. The HVX shoots at 0 ire and thats what comes in when I import the MXF files from the p2 cards. my question is, is there a setting on the nx board that will bump the black levels to 7.5 ire (broadcast legal) or do I have to change each clip in post, before outputting to beta sp?
 
If I'm not mistaken, most decks will add the 7.5 ire when you output to them.

When you output via an analog source, the analog black (7.5 ire) *usually* gets added in.

Jason
 
thanks for the reply jason i guess the easiest way for me to tell will be to scope the output of the deck. will report back what i find
 
Edius has that ability to add setup to analog out.

GO to settings
Harware settings
output of the nx and put the setuplevel to 7.5 ire and your done.
 
Jeff: I'm not sure, since I dont have the book or camera with me at the moment, But I believe there is a setting in the HVX for the output of 7.5 and remember reading its set for the Japanese 0 standard Some like it Hot we Do Not. camera That Is
HeHaw

Mule
 
SrEdius, does the hardware setting effect the S video out as well as component out?

Mule I know the set up in the HVX effects the component out of the cam but I don't know if it effects the P2 files
 
The setup settings effects all the analog out you have on a canopus cards.
I think Japan is the only country which has setup for ntsc at 0.

To be broadcast legal all other countries require setup to be at 7.5 for ntsc

So when you swith the setup for the analog out in edius for a canopus hardware card (nx/sp/storm ect.) it will bring all the analog out up to broadcast legal setup at 7.5
 
Back
Top