I am having trouble editing footage from my Canon XC10 in FCP X.
I use a converter called EditReady to convert the .MXF files from .MXF to .Mov at Prores HQ quality, and that first step works fine.
I'm able to import the footage fine into the FCP X timeline, but I encounter three problems. First, the footage is sluggish to edit. I know that FCP X auto-renders, but it feels really slow when I make edits/cuts, sort of jumpy. Secondly, after I have shared/exported the movie to Quicktime, when I play it back, it plays back in slow motion. And thirdly, the sound cuts out after about 20 seconds.
Any suggestions on the cause of this and if there are any converters to fix this problem? My computer says its dropping frames, so it must be a frame rate issue of some sort.
Thanks
rc444
I use a converter called EditReady to convert the .MXF files from .MXF to .Mov at Prores HQ quality, and that first step works fine.
I'm able to import the footage fine into the FCP X timeline, but I encounter three problems. First, the footage is sluggish to edit. I know that FCP X auto-renders, but it feels really slow when I make edits/cuts, sort of jumpy. Secondly, after I have shared/exported the movie to Quicktime, when I play it back, it plays back in slow motion. And thirdly, the sound cuts out after about 20 seconds.
Any suggestions on the cause of this and if there are any converters to fix this problem? My computer says its dropping frames, so it must be a frame rate issue of some sort.
Thanks
rc444